Do you run a fitness streaming service? Are you itching to know how to keep subscribers on track with their fitness goals without the in-person touchpoint? At Intelivideo, we receive many questions on how to increase engagement with subscribers on Video On Demand (VOD) services. Thankfully, the answer is a lot simpler than you may think—tell them what to do!
How Fitness VOD Services Can Boost Engagement with Programs
Fitness VOD apps can drastically boost engagement by creating programs for their subscribers to follow. This way, they engage with content on a daily basis and grow to become loyal subscribers. Read on to learn how you can continuously boost engagement and become a virtual personal trainer to your subscribers through fitness programs.
1. Video Libraries are Overwhelming—Tell Subscribers What To Do
Subscribers can spend way too much time scrolling, trying to find a workout to do. They could potentially be overwhelmed with all of the workouts in your library and not know where to begin. To avoid this, create a scheduled program for subscribers to follow and tell them what workouts to do each day.
Create a calendar document for subscribers to print out, follow along with, and cross off each day as they complete it.
When you’re creating your programs, take a step back and try to imagine how your subscriber feels. They’re probably new to On Demand fitness, possibly new to fitness altogether, and definitely new to your style of workouts. It’s overwhelming to say the least. Providing a recommended program will alleviate the stress of finding a workout in a extensive video library and help subscribers reach their fitness goals. It’s a winning approach to keep them engaged and incorporate your workouts with their daily routine.
2. Set Subscribers Up for Success During Their Free Trial Period
When new subscribers join your fitness on demand app, it’s important to engage them with your content soon after subscribing. That’s why sending an automated ‘Thank You’ email after signing up is vital.
If you’re not sending any type of kick-back email after a subscriber comes on board, go put that together!
This ‘Thank You’ email is a great opportunity to present a workout program for them to follow. The free trial period should be used to debut your content and hook your subscriber. Curate a program that takes up at least 7 days of your free trial period to set them up for success with your VOD service.
3. Help Your Subscribers Target Multiple Parts of Their Body
New subscribers will often subscribe to an On Demand fitness subscription because they have body-image goals they want to achieve. Including body part specific programs is a surefire way to continuously engage subscribers with your content. It gives them the opportunity to focus on a single body part while the others are given the time they need to recuperate.
VOD Fitness Program Ideas
Take a look at each of our ideas to help you curate highly engaging programs for your subscribers. Each of them serve a great reason for your subscribers to dig deeper into your content and get them fully immersed into your style of workouts.
- This program should take your subscribers through a variety of workouts to showcase everything you have to offer and help them understand the style and tone of your workouts.
- This program is perfect to present during the free trial period.
Body Part Specific Challenge
- Select a duration (i.e. 7-days, 10-days, 30-days, etc.), a specific body part to target, and choose the daily workouts to complete. Essentially, you want to motivate your subscribers to accomplish the goal of the challenge.
- Challenge them to a 10-day arm challenge with your upper body sculpting workouts or a 7-day cardio challenge with your HIIT workouts. The options are endless!
“Your” Fitness Program
- This is mostly applicable to social influencers in the fitness space. Many admire the physique of fitness influencers and want to know what they did to get their bod. Dedicate a program for your subscribers that shows them the workouts you do on a day-by-day basis.
Ultimately, you’ll reduce churn if you keep your subscribers engaged. Providing your audience with a program to follow will add value to your service and take the guessing out of which workout they should do to see the best results.
The examples listed above are just a starting point! Use your content as inspiration to curate your programs. Routinely present these programs to your subscribers to constantly encourage engagement with your workouts. Doing so will help you grow a loyal subscriber base to your VOD service.