Welcome to our Friday Live recap!
Friday Live is Intelivideo’s weekly live stream, broadcasted from our HQ in Broomfield, Colorado. During each episode, we discuss the latest happenings in the OTT space, tips and tricks for building a video on demand channel, and a question of the week from our viewers.
This past week, we live streamed Episode 68 of Friday Live. Here’s what we covered during the show…
A Battle is Brewing Between Disney and Netflix
Disney is getting closer to launching their own SVOD platform, Disney+. Netflix currently hosts a large amount of Disney licensed content within its video library. So once Disney+ launches, Disney will to start to pull its content off of the Netflix platform. Anticipating this change, Netflix is heavily focused on producing more original films and series.
The Disney corporation owns a portion of Fox, who owns Hulu. Therefore, Disney+ and Hulu will be working closely together when the new SVOD offering goes live. Disney+ will be the home of traditional Disney content, and Hulu will be the location for “edgier” Disney content. They plan to host a variety of new content on Disney+, such as a Marvel series, a Monsters Inc. series, a live action Lady and the Tramp remake, and a number of Star Wars movies/series.
Disney is aiming to launch Disney+ towards the end of 2019!
Why Fitness Studios Should Also Offer a SVOD Service
With everyone on a tight schedule these days, it can be challenging to make time and travel to a studio or gym for a workout session. That shouldn’t mean a healthy balance between work, fitness, and time with family and friends is unattainable.
Many fitness studios are moving into the SVOD space to help their members stay on track with their workout routine. By offering streaming access to their content, members can get in a solid sweat session anytime, anywhere.
Take a look at some of our clients who have launched their own VOD service with our platform here!
Here are 6 reasons why fitness businesses should also offer VOD for their members:
- Additional Revenue Stream: If you launch a SVOD service, it becomes a lucrative revenue model to stand alongside your current membership offering. Margins can be in the 60% range!
- Already Have the Content Needed: Fitness studios are ready for video production! Most are already familiar with the video content game (on Instagram, YouTube, etc.), making it an easy next step to produce videos.
- Members Love Having More Options: They’ll enjoy being able to attend classes in person, and also have 24/7 access to online workouts.
- Streaming Workouts to Try It Out First: An SVOD channel will allow users to test out your classes and experience your brand, before committing to a studio membership.
- Diversify Your Membership Packages For More Profit: Offer memberships with an incremental increase in price for members. That way members receive a bundle of both studio and streaming access for a reasonable cost.
- Advance Your Brand Across Multiple Channels: Think about all the touch points where your members and audiences live. You can reach ALL of them by offering digital access to your content!
Read our full breakdown on each point above here.
Why Email Automation Will Make Your Job Easier
Having a solid CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platform and MAS (Marketing Automation System) in place is essential for SVOD businesses. Let us explain exactly why…
- Brand Experience is Delivered and Customized to Each Subscriber
When a new subscriber signs up for your service, they’ll automatically receive unique onboarding communication. This is especially helpful for businesses without brick and mortar operations to help new users feel welcome and assure your brand experience is seamless across all touch points.
- Easy Way to Track and Optimize Messages by Results
Using CRM and MAS platforms will allow you to easily watch performance and adjust engagement tactics. Isolate what’s going well and what’s not during the communication experience to make those needed adjustments.
- Alleviates Your Time & Worry About Overall Communication
This is a given! Automation takes up far less of your time and manual effort, while still delivering a premium experience for your subscribers.
- Segment & Speak Uniquely to Different Audiences Within Your Subscription
After you’ve established your base layer of communication, start getting more sophisticated by segmenting your audiences. For example, offer “founding members” exclusive promotions and communicate slightly different copy specific to them. Deliver your message to the right person at the right time.
3 Email Drip Campaigns to Automate
Now that we’ve covered automation and why it’s important for SVOD services to utilize, here are the email campaigns you must include in your marketing strategy…
- Lead Nurture: These emails are targeted towards users that are interested in your offering, but not convinced to subscribe yet. Explain why they should get involved and what the value is in becoming a subscriber.
- Free Trials: Once users have opted in, send them messages during their free trial period. Share what your service offers and the value it can bring them.
- Onboarding: Once a subscriber has made it through the free trial period and crossed over into paid subscription, send out an average of four messages over 30 days. Make sure you’re delivering on your support message, showing them where they connect with you and the community, and illustrating what’s available with their paid subscription.
When your SVOD business begins to grow, you won’t be able to initiate campaigns for each individual subscriber – it will be too much work! Make your job easier by employing automated email campaigns.
Question of the Week
Q: What are the top CRMs you recommend?
A: HubSpot is our top choice, but it’s a more costly. ActiveCampaign is another leading choice by us and is more affordable with similar functionality. Other CRM platforms to explore are Infusionsoft by Keap and MailChimp.
Reach out to email@example.com to learn more about the perfect CRM for your SVOD business.
Thanks for reading our Friday Live Episode 68 recap!
Each week, we send out a Friday Live Newsletter, providing all the articles/resources mentioned during the show and other trending news from the OTT space. To receive our e-newsletter, sign up with your name and email on fridaylive.intelivideo.com.